The LEGO® Train Book - Holger Matthes
Learn the model-making process from start to finish, including the best ways to choose scale, wheels, motors, and track layout. Get advice for building steam engines, locomotives, and passenger cars, and discover fresh ideas and inspiration for your own LEGO train designs.
Inside you'll find:
- A historical tour of LEGO trains
- Step-by-step building instructions for models of the German Inter-City Express (ICE), the Swiss “Crocodile,” and a vintage passenger car
- Tips for controlling your trains with transformers, receivers, and motors
- Advice on advanced building techniques like SNOT (studs not on top), microstriping, creating textures, and making offset connections
- Case studies of the design process
- Ways to use older LEGO pieces in modern designs
For ages 10+
Foreword by Michael Gale
Part I: A History of LEGO Trains
Part II: Basic Principles
Part III: Designing Your Own Models
Part IV: Case Studies in Design
Part V: Building Instructions!